Stanford SHIPS

rync

31 minutes ago, csmith14 said:

I am! Educational Policy. I will keep you all updated if I get news of any sort. 

Ahh, cool. I applied for the combo: Organizational Studies + Educational Policy.

• 3 weeks later...

For other 2016 applicants,

I called Stanford's GSE admissions office today.  They said that there is no formal interview process and we should get our admissions decisions by mid-February.

I can't decide if not having interviews makes me more or less nervous...on one hand, interviews are extremely stressful, but on the other there's no way of knowing where you stand until you get their final decision.

Good luck everyone!

19 minutes ago, CIShopeful said:

I called Stanford's GSE admissions office today.  They said that there is no formal interview process and we should get our admissions decisions by mid-February.

I can't decide if not having interviews makes me more or less nervous...on one hand, interviews are extremely stressful, but on the other there's no way of knowing where you stand until you get their final decision.

Good luck everyone!

Thank you! This is extremely helpful!

1 hour ago, CIShopeful said:

Good luck everyone!

Agreed, thanks for the information! Well, now I can just worry about being admitted, and not worry about the non-existent formal interview process. =)

49 minutes ago, dear_valentine07 said:

Is that for all GSE programs or just SHIPS? 

I'm not 100% sure.  I told the person I spoke with that I had applied to the SHIPS program, so it's possible that this information only applies to that.  However, it sounded like it was for the whole GSE.

anybody have any info about the SGSE PhD interview posted on the results board that they'd be willing to share? i thought SGSE didn't interview? i also got info from my SHIPS POI that there was an admissions meeting on 29.01. not sure what that exactly forebodes in terms when we'll hear back. 

6 hours ago, flatnwhite said:

anybody have any info about the SGSE PhD interview posted on the results board that they'd be willing to share? i thought SGSE didn't interview? i also got info from my SHIPS POI that there was an admissions meeting on 29.01. not sure what that exactly forebodes in terms when we'll hear back. 

Was that for PhD interviews or for all SGSE admissions?

13 minutes ago, dear_valentine07 said:

Was that for PhD interviews or for all SGSE admissions?

not sure if the "admissions meeting" was for all SGSE admissions or just the PhDs or just the SHIPS. in fact, i do not know if it was an adcom meeting with applications on the table or a general steering meeting (check ins, deadlines, etc.). 

18 hours ago, flatnwhite said:

Thank you so much for sharing this!  I'm going crazy with all this waiting around!

On 12/1/2015 at 1:54 PM, Songbird222 said:

Hey there, is anyone else on here applying for Stanford's SHIPS program for Fall 2016? 

I applied to the higher education doctoral program! It looks like we should be hearing back very soon here!

9 minutes ago, Escussel said:

New to this thread, I'm not sure how I missed it before.  I only applied to two schools. Anyone else for policy?

Me. Goodness, I am about to offer to hold hands and be anxious together. I applied to four, but 2 rejects (one painful, post-interview) so far.

1 minute ago, morifol said:

Me. Goodness, I am about to offer to hold hands and be anxious together. I applied to four, but 2 rejects (one painful, post-interview) so far.

@morifol  sounds like we are in the same boat with one broken paddle. 

On 1/4/2016 at 6:59 PM, csmith14 said:

I am! Educational Policy. I will keep you all updated if I get news of any sort. 

Forgot to look at the other pages of this thread. What other schools?

3 minutes ago, Escussel said:

@morifol  sounds like we are in the same boat with one broken paddle. 

Oh come on. :) It's not that bad. I consider myself a strong candidate. One more year will only be growing in a different way in the worst case scenario.

Edited by morifol

Just now, flatnwhite said:

Last year, SHIPS sent notifications on 2/10. Heavens, take the wheel!

Yup. It's probably going to be sometime this week, if not today! I have been on edge all day. :wacko: 

(There is no nail-biting emoticon here. There should be!)