Plans for if I'm rejected?

meganmay

I have applied to the German program at two Universities (yes, I know not many, but it's what I chose to do). I feel like one can never really KNOW if they are going to be accepted until they are accepted. I feel confident, but I also want to be realistic. I have no idea what I will do if I'm rejected. I want to gain experience in my field, but I don't know what jobs I could work with a bachelor's degree in German that will help me gain experience so I can reapply next season. I'm planning to travel to Germany this summer for 4-6 weeks, but that's not something that can go on a resume. 

I guess I just don't know where to start. I could use my universities career services, but I'd like to do some independent searching while waiting for my application responses. *sigh*  :unsure:

If you are going to Germany in the summer I would recommend studying at one of the Goethe Instituts and taking one of their language proficiency exams. I passed the C2 exam last year and I think that it looks pretty good on my application. It would certainly look good on your resume if you chose to reapply next season.

Edited by agysw