Anyone applying to (or already enrolled in) Northwestern's Learning Sciences PhD?

radar-boy

Hi I applied to the Human Development and Social Policy program in the same department and even I am wondering if there is an interview process.. I couldnt find much information regarding this on their webpage or the result search on this forum.

I applied to the Learning Science program and can't seem to find out much information about response time except that we should hear back by late March/early April. I was hoping someone else might have more information.

The learning sciences program at Northwestern conducts interviews in early February. Invitations to interview are sent in the middle/end of January. I didn't apply, but attended a virtual info session where this was explained. They typically invite 14 people to campus to interview and make decisions from that pool.

The learning sciences program at Northwestern conducts interviews in early February. Invitations to interview are sent in the middle/end of January. I didn't apply, but attended a virtual info session where this was explained. They typically invite 14 people to campus to interview and make decisions from that pool.

thank you for the information. I'll be a bit more prepared for the rejection notice when I receive it. Thanks!

True.  I contacted admissions, all interviews have already been sent out and conducted.  If you haven't heard it's because they haven't updated the website status yet.

True.  I contacted admissions, all interviews have already been sent out and conducted.  If you haven't heard it's because they haven't updated the website status yet.

thanks for sharing this information. Did they confirm that all other applicants (those that have not heard from the department) will definitely be rejected?

thanks for sharing this information. Did they confirm that all other applicants (those that have not heard from the department) will definitely be rejected?

Pretty much. They said it's very unlikely those not invited to interview will be accepted, but your online application status will remain the same until final decisions are made.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi Opaljmy,

I did... was contacted early this week for a phone conversation to determine if I should be brought for interviews, but have heard no follow up. You?

Hi amjodo, I have't  heard anything yet.. :(  Based on what I know from the virtual info session, I think I got rejected cuz it is already the end of January

IUB ( in person interview on Feb 27th), Vanderbilt (rejected), Arizona State (heard nothing yet), Stanford ("why not try" school) , Penn State ( accepted, not LS program)

How about you?

Edited by opaljmy

Thank you! 

You mean game-based learning? That's an interesting topic and I also mentioned in my SOP.

Good luck to your application. :)

The waiting is almost killing me... :(