Roommate Issues anyone?

CagedBird

LiveLaughLove,

Glad to have helped :)  My only advice is to keep things civil and realize it will ALL be over in a few months.  Remind yourself that, for right now, you have to do what you need to to help yourself out.  She is of little consequence to you in the long run, so ignore her.

I had a situation like this with my freshman roommate.  She actually made me have panic attacks regularly and also almost left me out in the elements with no bus or ride home once as "punishment" for hanging out with another friend.  I ended up having to walk 2.5 miles home in a snowstorm.  For the months after that, I pretty much kept to myself and tried to ignore her as much as possible.  I was so glad to be done with her FOR GOOD when we moved out (or so I thought) but then she moved down the hall from me. I continued to ignore her and eventually, despite seeing her often, I forgot about her and all of her awfulness for the most part.

eats my food until there's a morsel left and doesn't throw away the container, never buys his own food yet eats mine if I buy it, had to ask him to do his share of the chores (including washing his own dishes and occasionally taking out the trash), stays home allll the time so I have no privacy--ever, we have nothing in common, makes thoughtless comments that could be offensive, blows his nose every 5 minutes, every day--and uses up all TP, never cleans the place, makes me feel awkward when I bring food home, made a comment about me "hiding" things in my room--and quickly corrected himself because he knew he was wrong....hmm, what else? I'm just generally very annoyed with my living situation. I was randomly assigned this person, and I can't wait to move out on my own. No more roommates.

The prospect of no more roommates is just so exciting again. I lived alone when I first moved here but my landlord raise my rent almost $100 in a year so I had to move. The BF and I are finally getting a place together. We pretty much live together at his place now but it will be nice for it to be permanent and have a big enough place for his visitation with his kids too. Never thought that would factor into my plans but kids beat random roommates any day. Never thought I would say that either haha.

LiveLaughLove,

Glad to have helped :)  My only advice is to keep things civil and realize it will ALL be over in a few months.  Remind yourself that, for right now, you have to do what you need to to help yourself out.  She is of little consequence to you in the long run, so ignore her.

I had a situation like this with my freshman roommate.  She actually made me have panic attacks regularly and also almost left me out in the elements with no bus or ride home once as "punishment" for hanging out with another friend.  I ended up having to walk 2.5 miles home in a snowstorm.  For the months after that, I pretty much kept to myself and tried to ignore her as much as possible.  I was so glad to be done with her FOR GOOD when we moved out (or so I thought) but then she moved down the hall from me. I continued to ignore her and eventually, despite seeing her often, I forgot about her and all of her awfulness for the most part.

Oh wow! That's awful! It makes my roommate seem like a saint lol. And I am counting down the months until living with her is over  :) about 4 months left!

And I'm realizing she's doing herself a great disservice by distancing all of us, so it will bite her in the butt in the end. Cheers to you and thanks!  :)