Schools in Chicago

pmelwani

No worries, it wasn't my top choice but I'm really anxious about Loyola! Definitely, I applied in late October so it's been a long wait but hopefully worth it. I see you're from NY, did you apply to any of the city schools?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, UIC isn't my top choice either. Do you know if Loyola has a better reputation/program?

I only applied to 2 schools in NY: Fordham and Hunter. I missed the deadlines for Columbia and NYU.

I don't know honestly, I recently got into Loyola's program and I've heard some good things about it but not much is out there. I will be visiting soon so I will let you know if I learn more then :)

Awesome! Congrats!! Did Loyola notify you by mail/email? Also any word on financial aid? Thanks!

Thank you!! They actually emailed me saying "You should have already received my admissions packet, congratulations! Info, etc." and I hadn't yet received it, but that may have been due to the snow in the Northeast. But I received my packet two days later. No word on financial aid yet but I don't really need any (which I may have indicated on my application, I forget.. now I realize that was dumb haha) but anyway it's not too big of a deal. I'm sure you'll hear back very soon, good luck!!