Where's good for economic geography?

ExponentialDecay

Specifically, I have an interest in urban geography, migration studies, land economy type stuff. Most Geo departments in the US have well-developed political or environmental outlets, but I don't don't seem to find anything that's more in the direction of urban studies, perhaps, but at a more theoretical, economic level.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

It sounds like your interests mirror mine. I've applied and am now considering programs in economic geography with a quantitative and urban element.

UCLA has some of the best talent in the US. UBC (Vancouver) is perhaps equally strong for economic geography but perhaps a bit more qualitative and critical. Toronto is good, especially if you want to emphasize urban studies, since their geography and urban planning departments are merged.

If the statistics are your thing, consider Arizona State.

Minnesota is no longer the premier destination for econ geography. Most of Minnesota's top profs went to UCLA or UBC.

Would be happy to share more; just ask.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SOMEBODY REPLIED!!!!

ily.

I haven't considered Canada - thanks for letting me know! UBC is in a beautiful area, I hear. I'm worried about applying to the UC system because funding. I don't think you can do effective population study without a strong quantitative base, but I'm more qualitative by nature. If I could, I would do Land Economy at Camrbidge - but, funding.

If I may, what quant courses have you taken? Do you slant more towards stats?

• 9 months later...