ETH Zurich Masters Computer Science 2014 Fall

dhivyabharathi

I haven't heard from ETH yet. I will probably be the last to hear, as the grad office forwarded my application really late (Jan 8) because they thought there was something wrong with my transcripts. I am not sure about accepting it yet.

You have quite some applications still pending as well. Was ETH your first choice?

Hi all, I also applied to ETH and got accepted, but my programme is Computational Biology though. 

I definitely want to go there in September but it would be difficult without a scholarship. Though I applied for ESOP, it is extremely competitive so I do not expect to get it.

Anyone knows other sources of funding after starting the programme? The website says that it is possible to do an assistantship for 600 CHF/month but I want to know how likely to get it. Somebody also said that the scholarship can be awarded after the first year, but how much?

Can I survive for two years if I have only 10000 CHF with me at the beginning of the programme then find other sources of funding later? Would it be too risky?

Hi all, I also applied to ETH and got accepted, but my programme is Computational Biology though. 

I definitely want to go there in September but it would be difficult without a scholarship. Though I applied for ESOP, it is extremely competitive so I do not expect to get it.

Anyone knows other sources of funding after starting the programme? The website says that it is possible to do an assistantship for 600 CHF/month but I want to know how likely to get it. Somebody also said that the scholarship can be awarded after the first year, but how much?

Can I survive for two years if I have only 10000 CHF with me at the beginning of the programme then find other sources of funding later? Would it be too risky?

I'm not sure about the exact amount, but there is a scholarship offered for the second year of your master's. According to ETH, a student is expected to spend about 22000 CHF per year (tuition +living cost).