List of available scholarships?

DeleteMePlease

Hi,

is there are list of possible scholarships I can apply to on this forum? I am especially interested in ones that are for foreign students coming to the US. 

If not. Maybe we could turn this thread into one that collects all the information.

Thanks!

Edited by GermanStudent

You're killing me with this question, but here goes.  There are thousands of scholarships and fellowships out there, although not nearly as many for foreign students to study in the US.   Too many to really simply post in a forum.  I would recommend going to a website dedicated solely to scholarship searches to get a start, although those will be targeted mostly towards US citizens.  Most universities keep a nice list of scholarships available for their students too, just go their Funding pages.  Also Google something like "computer science fellowship" to target specific funds for your particular major.  Lastly check your home university for funding info in regards to studying overseas.

Yeah that is what I thought. However, I assumed that there were only a few nation-wide ones. 

Well I was looking at DAAD (german reserach institute) and Fulbright. But they only seem to cover exchanges or a full year abroad. However, I am already accepted and would like to apply for assistance in the second year. :/

Maybe somebody can enlighten me at least on Fulbright for foreign students that are already attending?

Edited by GermanStudent

Fulbright (at least the Swedish variety) does not work if you are applying from the U.S and have already started your program.

You should look into the things through your school first and foremost.  I get lots and lots of information about possible scholarships from Cornell on a monthly basis and they helped me get a first-year fellowship.

(Cornell here: http://www.gradschool.cornell.edu/fellowships )

Edited by ohgoodness