Interview with Dean's Office? Not POI?

oceanlover

So last week the dean's office of a school contacted me about setting up an interview with a POI.  I talked to my POI last week, and at the end of the conversation I asked when I should be hearing back from the school.  He told me another student of his got her acceptance last week, and asked if when the dean's office contacted me did they offer me acceptance or just say we should talk.  I said they told me that it was just about setting up a time to talk, and he said well they might be waiting to hear from him and he will contact them and I should hear next week. 

So obviously I took this as a very very good sign and started (maybe too preemptively) celebrating my unofficial acceptance.   Now I just got contacted by the deans office again, who wants to set up another phone interview with them "as the last step before decision of my application" and to "chat about my interests in the program and my POI". 

Of course I'm now freaking out, hopefully its all just logistical and to tie up any lose ends, but I'm not sure what to expect from this phone conversation! Anyone else ever been interviewed by the deans office?? I think i'm stressing myself out about this haha