University of Michigan- Applied Masters Students

I did the biostat MS at Michigan and we had several shared classes with the applied stat master's students.  This is just my opinion, but it felt like the MS biostat provided more rigorous training than their program due to their program being lighter on credits (30 credits vs. 48 credits).  It's certainly not a gateway to theoretical statistics PhD programs, but that's why they call it applied statistics.  The consulting course was supposedly very helpful for international students and students without much experience interacting with non-statisticians.  I personally do not feel like the program ends up giving enough extra knowledge/experience to justify three to four semesters of time and tuition, but it depends on your situation/background and what you want to do with the degree.  I wanted and needed a lot more training to get myself up to the level of an MS/MA statistician than that program would have given me.  That said, my friends from that program have had pretty good job placement.  It did take them longer than they wanted to find their positions, though (~ 6-8 months).