Pickering Rangel & Payne

quincepessa

Anyone else applied for one of the State Dept/USAID fellowships?

I've applied for all 3 - am I correct that we should be hearing about potential interviews for finalist candidates around the end of the month? Also - does the Pickering do interviews or is it all based on your application?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! I also applied for all 3. Good luck to you! 

Rangel and Payne have already notified applicants of their finalist statuses. Pickering has a similar process involving interviews, but the finalists are notified much later -- I think around mid to late April, according to other blogs I've read.

Applied to Pickering and Rangel but got rejected by Rangel.

Can't believe Pickering notifies applicants that late. Knowing whether I get a Pickering Fellowship would influence greatly which program I was to decide on.

Oh yes, bjorntsui, good point. I was worried by how late the interview was...May 1st! It will be very difficult for me to make a graduate school decision before knowing for sure about Pickering. That'll be a leap of faith! Even before we know if we receive it, ultimately for me it will be a premature choice between where I would go without having to worry about funding vs. my Plan B to go to the school with the most funding, regardless if its the "best" program. Catch-22.

Bumping this. Does anyone have anything from Pickering?

I thought I had lost my chance last week, when they emailed me that I was being dropped because of no LoRs, but I was able to get that sorted out and am back in the race...I think

• 3 weeks later...