UGA MSW Fall 2014

cm26293

Hello!

I was recently accepted into UGA's MSW program (Athens campus) starting Fall 2014. I have already confirmed my acceptance so, with that being said, I wanted to know if anyone else had been accepted and if they were looking for a roommate. Also, if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them to the best of my ability!

Hello,

Congrats on your acceptance and confirmation! :) When did you turn in your application for UGA? I hear it typically takes a while to hear back from them. Have you visited Athens before?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thank you! I turned in my application at the beginning of December and heard back by mid-February. I emailed the department a week before I got my official acceptance letter in the mail and they told me that I had been accepted. So, if you're eager to know and it's been about 4-6 weeks since you've turned in your application, go ahead and email the SW department and they should tell you. I heard that most people hear back around mid-March to mid-April, so I wouldn't fret too much if you haven't gotten a letter yet!

I live an hour away from Athens so I've visited many times before. I haven't had a chance to visit the School of Social Work yet but I really like Athens as a town. Athens is a college town, but I don't mean that in a negative way. There is something for just about everyone... great music scene, downtown shopping, and beautiful botanical gardens located right off campus. And if you want to get away from Athens for a weekend, Atlanta is only an hour or so away. Let me know if you have any other questions!