Deciding between UC Berkeley (MPP) & Cornell (MPA)

dish

I am trying to decide where to accept admission - between UC Berkeley's MPP and Cornell's MPA program. UCB is ranked number 6 and Cornell at number 36 in US News rankings. However, my interest area is international devlopment, and Cornell has a much better international development focus compared to UCB. Fees for both schools is coming to the same amount so financial aid is not a deciding criterion. Any advice? Also is there a big difference between MPA and MPP programs?

Do you want to work on the east coast or the west coast? Do you want your degree to lean more to the qualitative or the quantitative?

I'm more of an East-coaster, but I hear some great things about the program at Berkeley. It all depends on your priorities.

Berkeley MPP is a lot more recognized than Cornell's.

Berkeley does not have international focus. But Cornell is not well known for international affairs either. So I would either go to Berkeley or try out next year for other school like SAIS and SIPA. If you got into Berkeley with $, it tells me that you are very competitive. I know a few friends who got rejected by Berkeley but got into Kennedy.