Ford School

Hey guys, 

I'm new to this forum, and wanted to know if anyone else has gotten an interview request (or something similar) from Ford. I received the email below, and not sure what to make of it:

Dear xxx,

I am writing to follow up on your application to our masters' program.  As a supplement to our review process, I would like to schedule you to have a very brief conversation with one or two of our current students.  We would just like to learn a little more about you and will take no more than 15 minutes of your time.   Our preference would be to video chat with you via Skype if possible.  Would you please let me know if you have availability on Monday or Tuesday, March 10th or 11th?  You can simply respond to this email.  We would greatly appreciate your time and please let me know if you have any questions.

Best wishes,
Beth

Weird, no? 

Any thoughts are appreciated! 

Same here: sent out a time for today and it has yet to be confirmed. I called Ford on Friday and was told they want to "get a feel for how I answer questions." That was about it.

A first year MPP student just Skyped with me. He asked what it was about the Ford School that made me apply, and what my biggest challenge in life has been, and if there was anything I wanted the admissions committee to pay attention to on my application. Then he answered some of my questions. It was totally chill and informal and actually made me feel more positively about the Ford School.

Be prepared everyone!

Just had my "interview". Super informal and really helpful. Totally express the same sentiment as Goobie: made me feel more positively about the Ford School. 

Weird.  I received no such email in regards to an informal interview?  I wonder when we're going to hear back from them regarding our decisions.  Their website has the unhelpful time frame of "by the end of March".

Weird.  I received no such email in regards to an informal interview?  I wonder when we're going to hear back from them regarding our decisions.  Their website has the unhelpful time frame of "by the end of March".

I haven't received any email too. Don't know if that's a reason to worry. Where else have you applied, btw? Is Ford one of your top choices?

I haven't received any email too. Don't know if that's a reason to worry. Where else have you applied, btw? Is Ford one of your top choices?

I have not received any notification one way or the other.  I think I am going to call this morning to get a general ETA on this. I will share what I learn this morning. 

I like that Michigan has international policy options (don't want a hardcore IR degree) and I have found the MPP/MPA discipline to be the best for me personally.  I have applied to Indiana, University of Chicago, Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon, Michigan, Princeton, and College of William and Mary.  I am still waiting to hear back from Carnegie Mellon, Princeton, and Michigan.  I have been accepted to  University of Chicago, Indiana, and College of William and Mary.  Was rejected from Berkeley.  

I have not received any notification one way or the other.  I think I am going to call this morning to get a general ETA on this. I will share what I learn this morning. 

I called last week and they said decisions by 'mid-march'. I only applied to Ford MPA and HKS Mid-Career MPA, so im on eggshells right now.

I called last week and they said decisions by 'mid-march'. I only applied to Ford MPA and HKS Mid-Career MPA, so im on eggshells right now.

JakeinDC, thanks for that piece of information!  Good luck, hope you get into both!

I haven't received this email either.. went to Michigan for undergrad. I'm really clueless about my chances of admission!

I didn't get an interview, but just got admitted by email with fellowship!! anyone else?

Congrats! If you don't mind sharing it, how much is the fellowship worth?