Boston University MAIA

I've been accepted to BU's Master's of Arts in International Affairs. Wondering if there are more like me/alums who want to share their experiences! 

Good luck to you all as decisions come out! Nerve-wracking time for all of us M.A. applicants! STAY STRONG! 

I've been accepted to BU's Master's of Arts in International Affairs. Wondering if there are more like me/alums who want to share their experiences! 

Good luck to you all as decisions come out! Nerve-wracking time for all of us M.A. applicants! STAY STRONG! 

Congrats! So excited to find a thread like that. I got admitted to the MAIA Program too and still waiting for results from other schools. I've noticed that there are really few people talking about this program. Hope to get some advice too.

I was also accepted into their MAIA program. It is a relative unknown to me as well even after all of the research I did. If there are any current students or alumni lurking around and could help us out, I am sure we would all appreciate it!

So, while we wait for a generous alum to (hopefully) take pity on us and give us some information, I'm interested in seeing how you all view BU's MAIA program? How does it measure up to your options? What do you assess to be the pros/cons? Things you are super interested in, what attracted you to the program, what are some concerns you have, what are your expectations? 

BU is still in the running for me, absolutely. Just curious to see the decision calculus from the perspective of other fellow admitted Fall 2014-ers! Even if you're no longer considering BU, I'm very interested in your input.

Also, I was curious the extent to which the APSIA status (member vs. affiliate) of a school matters? BU is an affiliate and I'm wondering whether that's due to programmatic deficiency/some other weakness? Obviously, the APSIA thinks so--and I'm curious what that weakness is in their minds. Speculation? Does the distinction matter beyond just APSIA? Is it something that future employers would know/care about? 

Hope the decision-season has been favorable to you all!