MGH Funding

Hi all, I've been accepted in to MGH and am planning on going to their open house March 29th, but on the phone I heard nothing and was too embarrassed to ask about funding...I noticed a couple people submitted their results and said that they received funding. I'm wondering if they were notified w/ their phone calls or what? As in....if I wasn't notified, I don't get a scholarship? I'd love to go there but with no scholarship it's ridiculously expensive for me and won't be happening. Anyone know anything about their funding process?

I was told I had funding during the phone call informing me of my acceptance. It sounds like other posters also heard about funding over the phone, so sadly, I think you would have known by now. =/ However, it's possible that they might reassign funding if people turn them down -- maybe someone reading this will know more about that.

Hi all, I've been accepted in to MGH and am planning on going to their open house March 29th, but on the phone I heard nothing and was too embarrassed to ask about funding...I noticed a couple people submitted their results and said that they received funding. I'm wondering if they were notified w/ their phone calls or what? As in....if I wasn't notified, I don't get a scholarship? I'd love to go there but with no scholarship it's ridiculously expensive for me and won't be happening. Anyone know anything about their funding process?

I did ask about funding and they basically said that financial aid was awarded with the initial acceptance letter so we would have heard about it on the phone.  But, I'm not sure if they reassign if people turn down their financial aid offers.  I read on one of the threads last year that BU does not do that but I'd be curious to know if MGH does.

I emailed and asked if we would be considered for funding if other applicants turned it down, and the financial aid officer basically said no. "Unfortunately, merit aid is only offered at time of admission." :( oh well!