Financial Aid Advice

Hello, everyone. I need some advice. I plan to use loans to cover my tuition but were are having trouble finding funds to pay for housing. (moving 5 hours away) Does anyone have any advice for me to find some extra funds?

Thanks!

Can you maybe take out a little extra loans to help cover housing? if not, do they have graduate assistantships? If you can get one of those then I would say you could use that towards housing. if not, maybe see if there are any grants, scholarships you can apply for. As a last resort, maybe you could get a weekend serving job and be able to come up with the money for rent that way, or babysitting jobs. care.com you can find jobs all over the world. Hope this helps! Congrats on getting in.

Can you maybe take out a little extra loans to help cover housing? if not, do they have graduate assistantships? If you can get one of those then I would say you could use that towards housing. if not, maybe see if there are any grants, scholarships you can apply for. As a last resort, maybe you could get a weekend serving job and be able to come up with the money for rent that way, or babysitting jobs. care.com you can find jobs all over the world. Hope this helps! Congrats on getting in.

Thanks. I am currently looking for GA but can't seem for get in touch with anyone to help. I live 5 hours away so I can't really just hop in the car and go search for one. lol

Can I ask when you heard back from LSUHSC? My friend applied there and still hasn't heard anything.

Thanks. I am currently looking for GA but can't seem for get in touch with anyone to help. I live 5 hours away so I can't really just hop in the car and go search for one. lol

Can I ask when you heard back from LSUHSC? My friend applied there and still hasn't heard anything.

Yeah, I am sure that is very difficult - being further away :/ hopefully you will find something soon. If not in the Speech Department, sometimes schools will do assistantships in departments outside of the one you are studying in - so try for that too.

I didn't officially hear, I just e-mailed to inquire about when I could expect to hear, and they wrote back and told me I didn't make it - I am out of state, and they only accepted two out of state students because that's all they were allowed. Apparently I was on a short wait list, but they had already accepted so it is full. The professor I spoke with said that letters were being mailed out, so I am sure your friend will hear soon!! Good luck to both of you :)

Edited by Lwill