Question about Accepting an Offer

I'm in this situation, as well. I believe you can request a written release from the school whose offer you accepted (with a GA). If you have a written release, you can give that to the graduate school whose waitlist you were accepte off of. At that point, you can accept the offer. I believe this is correct, but don't hold it against me. Does anybody know for sure if this is right?

That's my understanding, too.  That goes for any offers with financial aid.  If there is no financial aid, I don't think you need a written release.

Correct. I just received an email back from one of my advisors on this issue (at the school I graduated from) and she said this is a VERY common occurance. She also said there has never been an issue with getting a release that she's heard about. This rule is basically just to keep students and schools "in check." Also, they're much more likely to give a release earlier in the process (between April 15 and the beginning of May) than they are closer to the start of the academic year. However, most acceptances off of a wait list occur in that period of time, anyway. Hope this helps. :)