CMU Heinz 2014 admitted

spat

Notmike, just as a heads up: I called CMU today because there are class size caps on one of the programs I applied to and this is what they said: "We're reviewing applications until early April". Not sure what is going on there...

Albuhhh, thats what im struggling with too. Ultimately, i want to focus on intl econmics. While the strong quant will help, I feel like Georgetown is the better school for that.

I wonder why theyve been so behind with releasing results. They were one of the first in years past. It makes me feel a little uncomfortable not having any communication with the future class.

@ Spat - I will be attending in the Fall on the DC track. I am excited, since CMU was my first choice. Are you planning/have you accepted your offer? 

I heard back from them in late February. Good luck to anyone waiting for more info. 

Just heard from Heinz. Admitted with a $8k (per semester). Would like to know what are the possibilities for getting TAship/RA ship etc.

I am an international student and I received a $8k for the FIRST semester, I wonder the chance of me to get 8k for the following 3 semesters? Anybody knows? Thanks in advance!

Hello, everyone! I am an admitted international student at MSPPM, and I want to know more about the placement of MSPPM in the US (especially for international students). 

Is there anyone knowing about this? Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard from Heinz. Admitted with a $8k (per semester). Would like to know what are the possibilities for getting TAship/RA ship etc.

They're very good for second year students that do well in classes during the first year.  Many of my current TA's are 2nd year PPM's, but a few are PhD's.  Some first year students end up as TA's in classes like Presentation Skills and Writing (separate classes).  If you're strong in one/both of those, it may be possible to test out of them and TA for them in your first year, but you'll need to approach the professors about that.  It's likely that they'll line up TA's from first year students for the first semester of the 2nd year, but it never hurts to try.

@Crazy Bird, I would call someone in Career Services and try to connect to the Heinz Ambassadors to have them connect you to international PPM's to talk about their experiences.

They're very good for second year students that do well in classes during the first year.  Many of my current TA's are 2nd year PPM's, but a few are PhD's.  Some first year students end up as TA's in classes like Presentation Skills and Writing (separate classes).  If you're strong in one/both of those, it may be possible to test out of them and TA for them in your first year, but you'll need to approach the professors about that.  It's likely that they'll line up TA's from first year students for the first semester of the 2nd year, but it never hurts to try.

@Crazy Bird, I would call someone in Career Services and try to connect to the Heinz Ambassadors to have them connect you to international PPM's to talk about their experiences.

HI scholl, thanks for this info. Would you know if MSPPM students do TA ship (or even RA ship) outside Heinz (say at Tepper for some Eco course). Also, is it rare to find MSPPM students doing RA ships during year 1. Also is it true that TA/RA is limited to 10hrs per week? 

HI scholl, thanks for this info. Would you know if MSPPM students do TA ship (or even RA ship) outside Heinz (say at Tepper for some Eco course). Also, is it rare to find MSPPM students doing RA ships during year 1. Also is it true that TA/RA is limited to 10hrs per week? 

I haven't heard of anyone working outside of Heinz as a TA or RA.  I would talk to admissions or the program director/coordinator to see if that ever happens.  I don't personally have any experience with the TA/RA process so you'd have to talk to the school about that as well.  If you'd rather talk to a student, go through the Ambassador info and request a TA or RA specifically.

I haven't heard of anyone working outside of Heinz as a TA or RA.  I would talk to admissions or the program director/coordinator to see if that ever happens.  I don't personally have any experience with the TA/RA process so you'd have to talk to the school about that as well.  If you'd rather talk to a student, go through the Ambassador info and request a TA or RA specifically.

Thanks scholl. I'll connect with someone from the school.