Stanford MSCS waiting

snkanon

It would have been good to have a specific date rather than just waiting for the email to come some time in the next couple of weeks :)

Edited by Tamer

I got rejected from Stanford PhD some time ago. I checked my application just now to make sure that I checked the box for masters.

PhD Applicant consider for Masters? Yes HCP? No

OK to refer to another department? Yes

I haven't heard back from them yet. Anyone with similar experience? How do you check the decision status?

EDIT:

I read over my PhD rejection letter again. It didn't mention anything about masters. Does that mean that I was rejected from both a month ago?

Thank you for applying to the Computer Science Ph.D. Program at Stanford University. The Ph.D. Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and we are sorry to inform you that the committee did not recommend you for admission. The number of applicants far exceeds the number of those we can admit, which makes the admissions process a difficult and painstaking one. As a result, many strong candidates must be turned down.

We wish you every success in satisfying your educational and career goals.

Sincerely,

Graduate Admissions
Computer Science Department
Stanford University
Edited by exe163

Thank you for applying to the Computer Science Ph.D. Program at Stanford University. The Ph.D. Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and we are sorry to inform you that the committee did not recommend you for admission. The number of applicants far exceeds the number of those we can admit, which makes the admissions process a difficult and painstaking one. As a result, many strong candidates must be turned down.

We wish you every success in satisfying your educational and career goals.

Sincerely,

Graduate Admissions

Computer Science Department

Stanford University

I got that same response for their PhD results but got the MS acceptance via email the other day.

Edited by Icydubloon