What school would you chose???!!!

frugalartist

Just accepted UCLA's offer. (Painting) I received a pretty major fellowship for my first year.

Was debating between them and Columbia and just couldn't justify going sixty thousand dollars, (with living expenses) in debt.

Right choice?

To the OP, why did you choose those 3 programs in the first place....maybe that will help figuring it out. I have never heard of PAFA till now.

To lrg, that is great! UCLA is strong. What is the substantive fellowship you got? Was Columbia giving you nothing?

Just accepted UCLA's offer. (Painting) I received a pretty major fellowship for my first year.

Was debating between them and Columbia and just couldn't justify going sixty thousand dollars, (with living expenses) in debt.

Right choice?

I think that's the choice I would have made, if I were wavering between the two (UCLA and Columbia were my first and second choices, respectively--alas, got into neither, but happily heading to Hunter, my 3rd choice). UCLA just seems so chill--I love the adjoining yard with grills and picnic tables, and, imho, the painting coming out of there is the best of any school in the country. I also like the fact that there are tons of people painting there, which seemed less true at Columbia (this is sort of informally based on attending both open studios this year).

So, lrg, I think you did the right thing. I hope it works out well!

Is it the low res program?

No, I'm going for the regular mfa... But that adds something to the dilemma. Are the other programs you've been accepted to lo-res? Do you want a lo-res experience, or would you prefer a traditional mfa program?