Coming back to NY after grad school. What about the TSSLD?

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone else is in a similar scenario. Are any of you planning to move away for grad school and then look for a job in New York? Do you know what the situation is with the TSSLD certification if you didn't do a program in NY? I know that most slp programs in NY incorporate the TSSLD certification into their program. What if you're going to a program somewhere else? Is the TSSLD hard to get afterwards, once you're done with your CCC-s? Can you try to get the TSSLD while you're at another state during grad school?

I would like to have the option of working at schools, but I've heard that it can take quite awhile to get the TSSLD if you don't originally do it right off the bat with your grad school...

I've heard it's actually easier to get the TSSLD after you get your Cs because you'll already be a licensed SLP at that point. I also know that you need to have SLP experience in a school setting, although I don't know if there's a minimum length of time for that.

I believe this would be the way you'd do it, although I'm not totally positive.
http://eservices.nysed.gov/teach/certhelp/ReqDetailDescription.do?cpcId=3&detailType=CERT_PATH&hidId=52

This is definitely something I need to consider as well. I will do more research on my own and post back if I find out anything else!

Edit: I found this as well http://speechpathology.livejournal.com/292862.html - it provides a lot of information but also confuses me even more. :/

Edited by lisa19

Hey, thanks a bunch! I also found something about interstate reciprocity. There was apparently an existing post about it already. Sorry! Here's the link if any of you are interested.