Care to donate some images to a science music video parody?

V.Y.C.

Hi grad school folks!

I'm a recently graduated Ph.D student who has a history of making science music video parodies to help me and my fellow lab rats pass the time (and the 3rd year blues!)

My first one I made is here, as an example: 

My final parody tribute to grad school and science in general has to do with the lack of funding for all sciences, and the music video is almost done, which I'm super excited about, since it's been about a year in the making (mostly me procrastinating, of course).  

However, to finish it off, I'm in need of some images/charts/data images to represent the following physical sciences: 

Astronomy, Chemistry, Engineering, Geoscience, Materials Research, Nanotechnology, Math, Physics.

My friends in the life sciences have contributed their data/images, but since I don't know too many folks in the physical sciences myself, I thought I'd try the internets!  I'm basically looking for anything in graphical form that is non-vital, preferably non-published (and even non-publishable is fine) to serve as a visual representation of each of those fields.  So screenshots of your latest data spreadsheet, a photo of your latest mathematical proof, a photo of your favorite piece of shale, a solidworks rendering of your latest mechanical creations; they would all be welcome.  I'm hoping to feature at least one grad student's original data or image per category to highlight the diversity of science research!  And of course I will credit you however you desire in the video credits!

Would anyone be willing to donate some of your data or images to my 2014 parody?

--V.Y.C.

For astronomy/physics images, try Astronomy Picture of the Day: http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

Many of these images are created by NASA which usually means they are in the public domain and free to use! The images on the site range from pretty pictures of the night sky/telescopes, false colour images (but actual scientific ones) and actual straight up data/plots (like today's!).

• 4 weeks later...