Question about Lakehead

shaketheshock

My application to Lakehead was not exactly timely because I made the decision to apply after all at the last minute - however, that's not my question. What I'm wondering is for those that have applied (including those that have already been accepted) do you have your proof of degree already uploaded? I won't finish my degree until much after the application deadline (August) so it's not possible for me to submit one. I was able to submit all my transcripts, however, and I did ask if this lack of proof of degree would stall my application and the fellow that responded said it wouldn't be a problem ... but I'm worried they only said that because my application won't be considered? Am I just being paranoid?

My application to Lakehead was not exactly timely because I made the decision to apply after all at the last minute - however, that's not my question. What I'm wondering is for those that have applied (including those that have already been accepted) do you have your proof of degree already uploaded? I won't finish my degree until much after the application deadline (August) so it's not possible for me to submit one. I was able to submit all my transcripts, however, and I did ask if this lack of proof of degree would stall my application and the fellow that responded said it wouldn't be a problem ... but I'm worried they only said that because my application won't be considered? Am I just being paranoid?

Do you have anything unofficial that you can upload?  I'm sure your school can provide you an electronic copy of your grades so far.  I uploaded all of my unofficial documents on top of sending my official ones just in case.  

Best of luck!  

Do you have anything unofficial that you can upload?  I'm sure your school can provide you an electronic copy of your grades so far.  I uploaded all of my unofficial documents on top of sending my official ones just in case.  

Best of luck!  

I sent my official (and uploaded my unofficial) transcripts - I just don't think this is what they mean by proof of degree?

I sent my official (and uploaded my unofficial) transcripts - I just don't think this is what they mean by proof of degree?

Your transcript should indicate that you have not obtained your degree yet.  I'm sure they take that into consideration and send out conditional offers to those who are still in school.

Edited by CanMPH2014

I was accepted in the MHSc at Lakehead (and am currently a Lakehead student), and my application showed the same thing as yours. I was told it wasn't an issue, so don't worry about it! 

Your transcript will show something different when you graduate, but if you haven't finished your degree yet then they aren't concerned about it. If accepted, you'll have to send in your transcript that indicates you've graduated before you can begin the program.