PhD in Biomedical Engineering program. No interviews. Any hope?

dmo862000

Okay so this is actually on behalf of my fiance and also my mental well being. My fiance is pretty down about not getting any new info from schools she applied to way back in Nov/Dec. She's received two rejections one from Princeton and one from... I forget. Got accepted to Drexel... without funding. She's pursuing PhD in biomedical engineering. She's been published in two medical journals, done internships with NASA, NIH, University of NM and University of Texas in Austin as well as currently participating in a PREP program at Case Western. On the otherhand her undergraduate GPA is like a 3.3 and her GRE scores weren't so hot. I keep being super positive and her super negative. She hasn't heard a lick or gotten an interview nor been accepted or rejected to CUNY, Northwestern, University of Maryland, Vanderbilt, Ohio State or Columbia. I keep telling her to be positive. Am I kidding myself and her or is getting accepted without an interview or getting a late interview from any of those schools realistic? Or should I be prepared for the serious onset of depression?

I can't speak to that program specifically, but I had some low GRE scores and was accepted to 2 programs without interviews. For some engineering disciplines interviews aren't needed. I can also say that Northwestern is taking their time with admissions. I emailed yesterday and they say that acceptances can come all the way up till the April 15th deadline (for my department, I'd assume all engineering is similar?)...I'm hoping for that school also. I say keep positive, I feel as long as your not instantly rejected you still have a chance! I'm keeping hopeful about my 5 other schools and funding. Good luck!