USC SPPD Lab

skz

Anybody get an e-mail from USC SPPD about their MPP Lab? I'm curious because I turned down their offer but still got one, and now I'm worried that somehow or other I may have checked "accept" instead of "reject"...

• 2 weeks later...
same thing happened to me. I called the department to ask if they had received my decline via mail. Dept person looked me up in their system and confirmed that I had sent a "not attending" response.

Hi MPP_Newbie,

Are you going to UCLA instead of SC ? Given that you got 12k more a year from USC, out of curiosity, what made you decide on UCLA instead?

Thanks.

hey mothernorth-- The overall focus of USC wasn't what I was looking for in an advanced degree. It seems like it's perfect for people who want to make connections in Cali and get a policy job in the state. I, on the other hand, don't care at all about the "network" as I do about the education. Unlike many of the people on this site, I have no experience in public policy/government affairs, so I'm really looking to learn the analytical tools and skills that I hope to one day apply in my policy work. Also, as a Cali resident, UCLA's in-state cost is actually a bit cheaper than USC's, even with the larger merit award.