AU SIS or GWU Elliot

HerrDBoo

Got into both, no funding at either. In terms of perstige, career opportunities, etc. which would be the one to go with? I will be funding this mainly on my own and will try to muster other funding opportunities as I go along, but as for right now, what are your opinions on these schools and which you would choose if you were in my shoes?

I've heard a lot people saying that GWU's reputation is better than AU's. I guess reputation still matters a lot in the field. Frankly, it's really hard to choose between the two. I'm still waiting for the result from AU.

I don't understand why you folks fret over "reputation" of schools for federal government jobs.

The only reason I would choose GWU is because it will psychologically allay my own insecurities of ego because people keep on telling me GWU has a better reputation than AU. This obsession over reputation becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

In the end, it comes down to how much knowledge and skills you gained from your time in school, how much you gained from internships, and extracurricular activities. With all that you have to convey how much you accomplished from your schooling and other activities to the employer. If your skills, professional goals, and experience matches the needs of employer, you may be considered for the job. The (federal) employer could care less whether you went to GWU or AU.