FSU Fall 2014 Graduate Assistantships - Music

emmyru91

I was recently accepted to FSU to pursue a MM in Historical Musicology. I was told that I am on a waiting list for an assistantship. Is this fairly common at FSU? Has anyone that has previously applied to the College of Music at FSU been in this position? I am hoping to hear something before the April 15 deadline, but I have not heard anything so far.  

I have received my acceptance letter from the College of Music but not from the general FSU Office of Admissions yet. It is my understanding that you cannot be considered for funding until you have been fully admitted. If my paperwork has not been processed by the Office of Admissions yet, that might explain why I am on the waiting list. Has anyone received an email or letter from the general Office of Admissions after being admitted to the College of Music?

I have been accepted to FSU's MA-Arts Admin program and I received an email to check my status on the status check website for FSU, which was an offer for admittance. I think I got the emai l3/13, and I had gotten my College of Music letter about two weeks before that.

I have been accepted to FSU's MA-Arts Admin program and I received an email to check my status on the status check website for FSU, which was an offer for admittance. I think I got the emai l3/13, and I had gotten my College of Music letter about two weeks before that.

Gotcha. Hopefully I will receive an email soon then. Thanks