Accepted Hunter Fall 2014 students

LincolnLover

Thanks Anna! If I hear of anything sooner, I will let you guys know! Looking forward to meeting everyone in the Fall!

Same here, can't wait to start school and meet everyone!! See ya all!!

Same as AnnaBannana. I received a confirmation email re: commitment deposit over a week ago and still can't create an account on CUNYfirst. 

I contacted Helpdesk at Hunter College regarding creating my Cunyfirst account and they told me that it takes about 3-4 weeks after the commitment deposit is received by the college to process  student's info.  At least I know what to do now.  Take a deep breath and relax.  There is nothing more to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

Can anyone PM me info about classes we're supposed to sign up for?  Hunter admin told me they'd email out orientation info for out-of-state students, but my registration window opened up last week, so I'd like to register a.s.a.p.  Has anyone done this already?

Also, if you or anyone you know are looking for a roommate, I'm looking to move by August. Budget is up to $550/mo. (with utilities). Don't mind sharing a room and would prefer to live in Brooklyn. 

Hope everything's moving along well for you all. Almost there! :)

HI Maggie:

You can see whats required your first semester in the manual at the back: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/socwork/pdfs/student-handbook.pdf

The only class I don't see on the schedule is Ways of Knowing. So I'm not sure if they changed the requirements for that class this year. The other 4 are available though.

As for housing options, craigslist is best source for finding roommates. I would start there.

pmelwani:  Thanks for the link and info on classes. I've been looking on CL the last few weeks, but it'd be nice to find a place to share with fellow MSW students if possible. Thanks, again!

I also couldn't find anything on Ways of Knowing... I assume we will hear more details at orientation. Maggie.... The lead time for finding a nyc apt is very short. I may suggest you find somewhere temporary end of July so you can then look to move in immediately. Good luck! Also, don't wire any money or anything like that until you see the apart,nets with your own eyes. Lots of scams.

Edited by bfox

Hmm I wonder if the school has a forum or place where they can connect you with other students also looking for housing.

To anyone going to orientation tomorrow, please fill me in on what's discussed. I unfortunately won't be able to go to orientation until June 12th. 

Also has anyone heard anything about scholarships? Thanks!!

Hmm I wonder if the school has a forum or place where they can connect you with other students also looking for housing.

To anyone going to orientation tomorrow, please fill me in on what's discussed. I unfortunately won't be able to go to orientation until June 12th. 

Also has anyone heard anything about scholarships? Thanks!!

Hi pmelwani,

I will let you know what was discussed/accomplished tomorrow at orientation.  Is anyone signing up for Summer classes?  I would love to lighten my load for the Fall.????    

Hi pmelwani,

I will let you know what was discussed/accomplished tomorrow at orientation.  Is anyone signing up for Summer classes?  I would love to lighten my load for the Fall.????    

I am taking summer classes. Starting on Monday with Human Behavior 3. Professor has already sent out the syllabus with 2 reading assignments needed to be read for the first class. Making me think that there isn't anything light about the summer load. =)

I am taking summer classes. Starting on Monday with Human Behavior 3. Professor has already sent out the syllabus with 2 reading assignments needed to be read for the first class. Making me think that there isn't anything light about the summer load. =)

Don't u have to take the classes in sequence?  Have you taken Human Behavior I  and HB  II?   Or is it because u are not in the 2 year program?  

Would anyone know which Summer classes TYP students can sign up for?  Can we only take classes in July/too late for June if there is still space available?

Don't u have to take the classes in sequence?  Have you taken Human Behavior I  and HB  II?   Or is it because u are not in the 2 year program?  

Would anyone know which Summer classes TYP students can sign up for?  Can we only take classes in July/too late for June if there is still space available?

Sorry for any confusion, I am in the advanced standing program so we are technically starting our "second year" even though its our first at hunter. But Yes I have already taken Human Behavior I & II in my undergraduate program.