School License?

I need some quick advice about getting my school license.  I live in Ohio and they require you to get a school license to work in the schools. I know most states require this but if I have no desire to work in the schools should I even bother taking the extra classes, do a school internship, and spend money each year to keep that license?

Say I move to another state (how about Oregon), is it beneficial to have an Ohio school license? Will it make it easier to get a school license in Oregon if I already have one?

I am one stressed out and indecisive student!

I need some quick advice about getting my school license.  I live in Ohio and they require you to get a school license to work in the schools. I know most states require this but if I have no desire to work in the schools should I even bother taking the extra classes, do a school internship, and spend money each year to keep that license?

Say I move to another state (how about Oregon), is it beneficial to have an Ohio school license? Will it make it easier to get a school license in Oregon if I already have one?

I am one stressed out and indecisive student!

From here: http://www.asha.org/advocacy/state/info/OR/licensure/

The Board of Examiners may waive the examination and grant a license to persons licensed in another state with equivalent standards.

It is my impression that most states (though not all - I think NY is supposed to be difficult?) have reciprocity agreements that make it easier to be licensed if you already have a license in another state.

Caterpillar is correct. Many states have reciprocity agreements, but NY is notoriously strict. Essentially, some states have higher standards than others so your license may transfer easily to one state but not so easily to another. This is something you should research now, so that there are no surprises down the road. I am not all that interested in school-based SLP, but I am getting my certification "just in case." I'm one of those people who likes to keep my options open - especially in this economy!