SCAD Industrial Design MFA

Jaeti

I found out yesterday that I've been accepted to the graduate ID program at SCAD. In the course of looking into the various schools I applied to, over the past few months I've come across a LOT of negative comments about the general culture at SCAD. From the level of interest on the part of the faculty, to unhelpful administrative offices, to a sense that SCAD cares more about its image than it does its academic reputation.

A lot of those comments seemed to come from either undergrads or parents of undergrads, and I've not seen anything of that sort as it relates specifically to the ID program. From what I can tell the ID program is very well regarded and is mentioned alongside Pratt, RISD, and the like. I do intend to visit, and a friend of a friend just completed her bachelor's there in the ID program, so I will have some first hand commentary to consider.

I was just wondering if anyone around here had any insight to kindly toss my direction. At this point I've also been accepted at Georgia Tech, so I'm in the fortunate position of being able to choose between at least two schools.

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. Good luck to everyone out there who's still waiting on decisions.

• 9 months later...