American University Psychology M.A. Program

teehod1982

Has anyone been accepted to this program? If so, do you plan to accept or turn down the offer? When is the decision deadline? I'm on the wait list there, and I'm just trying to gauge my chances of getting accepted off the wait list. Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tee

• 2 weeks later...

Djsing

Yeah, I was wait listed around the same time. I e-mailed the graduate director, and he said the wait list would be ranked two weeks from April 13, which was last Monday. He also said that the program accepts 20-25 people and that there are about 20 people on the wait list. I'm not sure what that means for our chances. But hey, it's a lot better than being rejected out right!

Actually, my biggest concern is funding. I know I won't be able to afford to go to American unless I get some sort of funding package. Do you know how likely it is for them to include funding in their admission's packet for M.A. students?

Good luck!

T

Still waiting it out? I checked last week, with no new information, but decided to not do so again this week as I don't want to annoy them. Do you know how many slots they have available for the MA program?

Actually I had to withdraw my name from consideration. I found out they don't offer any additional aid to M.A. students. And I simply cannot afford to take out $40,000+ in loans. So I'm gonna attend UMKC next fall. I'm pretty excited about that program. So that's one less person you'll have to compete against. :D

I think they plan to accept about 20-25 students though. Good luck!

Tee