"Customer advised to pick up mail" - letter status

mundek

I was asked by University to send them my official transcript and document certifying that my degree was awarded. While checking letter status on website I've noticed that my mail is stuck in post office and for three days it has not been pick up by anyone. I'm starting to worry. How much longer should I wait until it is appropriate to write them an email?

Were you sending it to a US University? Monday was a holiday (for CA, TX, and CO) and so that would account for the three-day wait (Sat-Sun-Mon).

In many cases no one is around to pick up mail on Sat & Sun anyway, so that's no cause for alarm.

If you haven't seen it as "received" by the end of this week, then I'd send a message; otherwise, just be patient. :)

Edited by unbrokenthread

What I meant to say is that it have been three working days since my letter status turn to "customer advised to pick up mail". I have decided to give them one more day and then I will send them an email. I am just so unpatient cause this is last thing to do and my application process will be finally over.