Seton Hall

Waiting for Seton Hall to call! Any news?

I'm waiting too! I only saw one person post yesterday about receiving a call on the discussion board. I'm wondering if they might be calling a few people each day? Not sure but either way I'm anxious to hear from them!

I saw that post too! Yea, maybe they are calling a few each day because I've read somewhere that they are accepting 40 applicants, 20 spots for Seton Hall undergrad and 20 other. 

Congratulations on all of your acceptances!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

I saw that post too! Yea, maybe they are calling a few each day because I've read somewhere that they are accepting 40 applicants, 20 spots for Seton Hall undergrad and 20 other. 

Congratulations on all of your acceptances!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

I heard that too! I also heard that they had more applicants than usual this year but I'm not sure how true that is. 

Thank you! I have a 3.8 for my overall undergrad GPA in which my major was psychology. I'm currently in the last semester of my post-bacc program and I have a 3.9. And my GRE scores were average. 

:)

Someone just posted a rejection :( Starting to fear the mailman again, it's a love/hate relationship depending on the day. :/

I know I saw that too! Haven't seen anymore acceptances so I'm not sure what's going on! I hate this waiting game lol

Ah yay another psych major going into speech :)

On that psych major deal -  did you at least minor in SLP?  I am beginning to actually wonder about all of us getting BA's in SLP almost being at a disadvantage to those who didn't do that and might be considered somewhat more well rounded or different in some positive way... sigh... its always something, isn't it? lol ... 

On that psych major deal - did you at least minor in SLP? I am beginning to actually wonder about all of us getting BA's in SLP almost being at a disadvantage to those who didn't do that and might be considered somewhat more well rounded or different in some positive way... sigh... its always something, isn't it? lol ...

I didn't minor in SLP because my undergrad did not have a communications disorder program. However, I geared my classes towards ones that I thought would be beneficial to me as a SLP. For example, I took many developmental classes, cognitive classes, and a neuroscience class among others. And this year I'm completing a post-bacc program. I'm not sure if you're at a disadvantage because you have a BA in SLP. When applying I felt like I was at a disadvantage and did everything possible to make sure I would be on the same level as other applicants. I also made sure to apply to programs whose pre reqs I knew were covered with the post-bacc program I'm in.

On that psych major deal -  did you at least minor in SLP?  I am beginning to actually wonder about all of us getting BA's in SLP almost being at a disadvantage to those who didn't do that and might be considered somewhat more well rounded or different in some positive way... sigh... its always something, isn't it? lol ...

I didn't minor in SLP, I have a minor in Italian lol. I haven't been accepted yet, and from what it looks like all of the people majoring in SLP have a definite advantage. Just the fact that you knew what you wanted to do and what you needed to do in order to get into grad school. Plus, us out of fielders have to take more classes to try and catch up. I bet your personal statement is way more "speechie" than mine also because that is your background. I'm sure the list could go on... Anyway, I do understand how you feel because this has been your plan, but I am sure you will get in. 

I think it is a good thing that the field is becoming more diverse. I think it will grow better that way. Treating speech/language disorders is a multidisciplinary job! 

Same here! I haven't seen anyone post anything more about it on the decision board. I tried calling the admissions office but no one picks up  :( But I guess no news is good news for now! 

Hmmmm. It's so hard getting through sometimes..Maybe I'll try calling tomorrow. Yea, its just so weird that only two people have posted so far! I agree, no news means there is hope! There's no way the first wave has been sent out..right? Maybe those people are Seton Hall undergrads. 

Hmmmm. It's so hard getting through sometimes..Maybe I'll try calling tomorrow. Yea, its just so weird that only two people have posted so far! I agree, no news means there is hope! There's no way the first wave has been sent out..right? Maybe those people are Seton Hall undergrads.

I'm honestly not sure! I'm assuming they had to accept some applicants because of that one person who posted Monday but I don't know if they called all their first wave applicants or only some. I'm hoping only some for our sake!

Ahhhh! I really hope so! Lets go with that...There's no way they let all 40 know, there would def be more posts. I wish the people who found out would talk to us...lol It's so funny because she (or he) already rejected the offer. Maybe Seton Hall is sad. lol ughhhh tell us!

Maybe a lot of people who applied to seton hall don't use this website? I don't know but I wish we knew something! It's frustrating not knowing what's going on. I was hoping we'd know something more this week but who knows lol

I think I posted on another thread here Re: Seton Hall and accreditation status ... this link http://www.asha.org/academic/accreditation/caaDecisions/ does list Seton Hall as "in process" review for continuing accreditation. 

So ... based on what the very nice person I spoke to over there said to me last week - that web link and PDF at that link supports it, and maybe also their later-than-normal notifications in 2014.  Good to know.

And I thought it was closer to 13 spots in the program set aside for the students already at SHU (should they choose to continue on in the program)... even so, the acceptance rate would be "head of a pin" small in size.

Edited by Greyhound111

@smrv- lol Maybe, which is just so odd! I thought the decisions would be trickling in all this week! Driving me a bit crazy.

@Greyhound- Hmm, yea maybe they are busy renewing their status. Sorry I lumped the groups together, I've heard 20 undergrad and 20 non. 

I wonder how many applied. I think Montclair gets like 700+ applicants. And i've read that William P. got 350. Although the odds are against anything positive, I really do feel good about this program!

I saw that too! Looks like they might be notifying people a little at a time. I think there's still hope! Stay positive! :) Also it looks like many are declining which makes even more spots open up