Deferring a program?

Does anyone have any information about deferring a grad program? Do most schools allow it, where can someone find out this kind of info? I have been accepted to Nova but it is out of state for me and I am still trying to figure some personal things out before committing. If given an option, perhaps starting a bit later would be helpful. I don't really want to ask the school directly because I don't want to come off as sounding negative because I am SO beyond thrilled to be accepted, but I am just unsure right now... Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I think it definitely depends on the school, so you're best bet would be to call to them i guess. But i know for the school that i got accepted to, there was a form that had an option if i wanted to defer, but for CSD it wasn't allowed and had to be approved  by the faculty or something like that. hope someone else has better insight on this lol.

I second rbrf. I'd suggest going ahead and calling them. I don't think you need to worry about sounding negative - they accepted you, so it means they want you there. Tell them how thrilled you are to go, but to make it happen you might need to defer and ask what your options are. They can't rescind your acceptance because you want to go and aren't sure if you can. Good luck!