MGH IHP - Facebook group?

Hi there! So I have attempted to make a group, but apparently you need to invite people to join to create it. PM me and we can get the group up and running!

Hmm...so there's no way to make the group public to view on Facebook and then we can request to join? If you just share the name of the group I think you can do it that way. I could be wrong though!

Let me know and thanks for making it :)

There may be another way (this is the first group I've made since my undergrad), but each time I've tried I've had to invite members from my friends list. PM me and we can get it going. Thanks!

Hi guys! I was wondering if any of you attended the MGH accepted students session. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend and I noticed on the prereq's one of the requirements for physical science stated "must be physics or chemistry." I know a lot of other grad programs have stated this on their websites/information packets, but allow other courses (i.e., astronomy, geology, etc.). Did anyone ask this question at the info session and if so, what was MGH's policy? I did email MGH and am just waiting on a response. Any info is appreciated! Thanks so much!

MGH accepts only physics and chemistry but they are very lenient in what counts towards that. They got back to me really quickly about if my class would count or not. Hopefully they get back to you soon!

Edited by Ready42

MGH accepts only physics and chemistry but they are very lenient in what counts towards that. They got back to me really quickly about if my class would count or not. Hopefully they get back to you soon!

Ready42, what class did you take that was lenient and that they accept? I took a geology and ASHA does not count that as a physical science anymore, and now I am scrambling to find a physics or chemistry to take. 

If you have any suggestions about a more lenient class that I can take please let me know. Thanks! 

Ready42, what class did you take that was lenient and that they accept? I took a geology and ASHA does not count that as a physical science anymore, and now I am scrambling to find a physics or chemistry to take. 

If you have any suggestions about a more lenient class that I can take please let me know. Thanks! 

@SLP Person, did you ask MGH already about Geology and did they say it was not acceptable? That is the class I took and am hoping it wil be fine.. It is accepted at most other graduate programs (i.e, SDSU, Emerson, CSU Chico, etc.)!

I

took a class in the Environmental Studies department. I think MGH accepted it because it was cross-listed in the Chemistry department. While we did learn chemistry, it wasn't a typical/traditional chemistry class. 

@SLP Person, did you ask MGH already about Geology and did they say it was not acceptable? That is the class I took and am hoping it wil be fine.. It is accepted at most other graduate programs (i.e, SDSU, Emerson, CSU Chico, etc.)!