Jump to content

The "I never thought I'd be waiting past April 15th" thread


Recommended Posts

For those of us who are still waiting before we can make our decision...

Are you waiting for admission off of a waitlist? Financial information? Something else? When do you expect to know, one way or the other?

For my part, I'm waitlisted for funding at one of my schools...I think that my visit down there went pretty well and I heard that there is still hope for funding, and the DGS said she'd let me know immediately if somethign became available, so now I'm BACK to checking my e-mail every 15 minutes. It's February all over again!! She gave the students (with funded offers) until the end of April, so theoretically I should hear back first part of May as to the funding situation. I'm trying so so hard to act as if I'm not going to get it, so that I can be pleasantly surprised if it comes through but not too disappointed if it doesn't. However, that's much easier said than done. Sigh...if I don't get funding, then I have to make the decision about whether to take out loans and go unfunded, or to apply for the next cycle.

What are your stories? Hope everyone's hanging in there OK and not going to have emotional breakdowns (like I feel sometimes like I'm close to having...for example, anytime anyone says "So, what's your decision? Where are you going next year?")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Waiting on funding decisions. I think I'm about to turn down my other free ride offer, because the more I learn about the program, the more I think it is not the place for me. It's difficult, though, because as it stands I have no idea if I'll get the funding to go to my 1st or 2nd choice. (I'd be thrilled to be able to go to either.) It seems like there's a possibility of some funding at my 3rd choice, but the director of the program has been very unclear about how much and what it would involve (TA, grant, adjunct work?) There's a lot of beating around the bush there.

So, of 4 programs that I have left:

1st--am appealing for more funding, do not think I will get enough to be able to go

2nd--funding decisions should come in a few weeks :x (This is the one I'm really waiting on/hoping for)

3rd--maybe some type of funding available--I'd have to be more explicit about definitely wanting to go, but needing x amount of money from the school. Most likely would be partial funding, but less expensive than 1st or 2nd choice.

4th--tuition remission, will likely decline shortly.

There a lot of things still up in the air. I'm getting tired of having to keep checking in about funding and never getting clear answers.

So that's my sob story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use