UCL or King's College?

Alex7

• 3 months later...

Well,

According to different websites, UCL is more student friendly; while KCL seems to be more academic driven (being considered one of the five top Universities to study in UK). 

I think you should probable read the programs courses and staff and decide based on the following questions:

1) Which school's courses do I feel will be more useful for my degree's purpose (whatever you plan to do with it when you graduate) 

2) Which professors seem to know more about the topic I am truly interested (whichever it is)

3) Where would I get more of an experience for my money (work, internship, student life, etc.)

And finally, 

4) Which are the cons and pros of each of them.

Hope it helped you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have offers from 

UCL - MSc Security Studies

King's - MA International Peace and Security

Trying to decide...any advice?

UCL is definitely considered more prestigious than KCL, especially for the social sciences.

Yes, but the Department of War Studies is KCL "flagship" and more famous than its counterpart at UCL. I would choose KCL.

• 9 months later...

I am biased because I studied at KCL but I thoroughly enjoyed my time there for my MSc. Both are prestigious schools and both set you up for good graduate job prospects but KCL is ranked actually higher in a lot of sections related to what you are doing than UCL. The program itself is also better. Either way, you are in a great position!