11th hour rejection reversal!

cath2024

I just got a call from the first school to reject me. Oops. Now they want to offer me admission!! :D

I was really excited about this school and bummed when they rejected me. Now they want a decision in the next 5 days! Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on funding decisions from my pre-reversal top 2 schools. Ahhhh!!!!

Thanks guys! This school was one of my top choices, and the funding is pretty good. (Better than most places for the MFA.)

I definitely wish they would have waitlisted me in the beginning. The department accepts a pretty small number of students, and usually has an alternate for each of their acceptances. So it could be that that an originally accepted student with a profile similar to mine and their alternate both declined. But yeah, they should have a deeper waitlist next year.

Now I need to decline the school that I definitely won't attend (most of my decision deadlines are 5/1), and pester the other two schools for funding information AGAIN. But now I know that no matter what they say, I have a program that I like and can afford to go in the fall!!

I'm also going to try to get out to the school next week and visit the department. Wow, it'll be so great once this decision is made. Hopefully then I'll be able to focus on writing my thesis.