davidipse Posted April 12, 2014 Share Posted April 12, 2014 (edited) Dear ones, Thanks, in advance, for your answers. I have X admit vs Y waitlist; I prefer Y, for personal (not academic) reasons. I know a lot of people will be making last minute decisions, so a place might open up at Y right after the April 15 deadline. The two options I can think of are the following, and I'd appreciate hearing people's thoughts on which is preferable, esp. people who have been in similiar situations: 1) Call X now and ask them for an extension of the decision deadline until, say, April 16. 2) If I don't hear back from Y until April 15, accept X's offer at the last minute. Then if Y comes through, ask X for a release. Both programs are funded, if that makes a difference to the legality of retraction. What's the least incendiary way to go about doing this!? Edited April 12, 2014 by davidipse Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now