Who's going to Loma Linda University?

Just discovered this forum. I applied to several schools in the western part of the USA. I was offered admission at several universities. I was drawn to the grad program at LLU as it appears to be small and closeknit. I accepted LLU's offer of admission.  

Just a few minutes ago, I received an email from Univ of Redlands offering me a spot and I must respond within 24 hours.

Not sure what to do...

Nik24, 

This is helping a bit. Comparing apples to apples.

Tuition at Redlands: "The Master of Science degree program is a minimum of 60 units.  The minimum cost is approximately $53,400.00*  

Tuition at LLU: 

Communication Sciences & Disorders—Masters of Science

Year 1 - 33 units, $23,265,  $705/unit

Year 2 - 23 units, $16,215, $705/unit

Class schedule at Redlands: Expect to be on campus Monday thru Thursday from 9 am to 8 pm for classes. Clinic hours on Friday.

Class schedule at LLU: 3 weeknights 4 - 8 pm. One weekly 4 hour morning clinic. One monthly Friday morning clinic.

Edited by Danone

Just made the deposit! Committing to LLU!! 

Did they send you a letter with info where to make the deposit? Mine is supposed to be coming. Also, did you just e-mail Redlands to tell them you weren't coming, since you had already paid your deposit? I need to do this with my other school. 

Did they send you a letter with info where to make the deposit? Mine is supposed to be coming. Also, did you just e-mail Redlands to tell them you weren't coming, since you had already paid your deposit? I need to do this with my other school. 

Yes! The admissions department sent me a large envelop with instructions for the deposit (a yellow post card attached to a conduct agreement form). They did not provide a return envelop so I just used the address on the yellow card and made payment to Loma Linda University. I emailed Redlands last night and informed them that I will be declining their admission offer. I already paid the $350 deposit and I have a feeling I won't be getting that back :( 

If we are local, we should all meet for coffee in a few weeks! 

Yes! The admissions department sent me a large envelop with instructions for the deposit (a yellow post card attached to a conduct agreement form). They did not provide a return envelop so I just used the address on the yellow card and made payment to Loma Linda University. I emailed Redlands last night and informed them that I will be declining their admission offer. I already paid the $350 deposit and I have a feeling I won't be getting that back :(

If we are local, we should all meet for coffee in a few weeks! 

Okay cool! I assume mine will be coming in the mail shortly. I plan to e-mail, but wanted to wait until I see the official letter in the mail from LLU. That's a bummer you won't get the deposit back. I doubt i'll get mine back either, but it was only $150. How much was LLU's deposit?

I'm not local, unfortunately! I'll be moving from NC - completely across the country! I may be coming out sometime this summer to visit/look for places though, so if I do we should definitely all meet up! Can't wait. 

Okay cool! I assume mine will be coming in the mail shortly. I plan to e-mail, but wanted to wait until I see the official letter in the mail from LLU. That's a bummer you won't get the deposit back. I doubt i'll get mine back either, but it was only $150. How much was LLU's deposit?

I'm not local, unfortunately! I'll be moving from NC - completely across the country! I may be coming out sometime this summer to visit/look for places though, so if I do we should definitely all meet up! Can't wait. 

Ah I know, it was extremely difficult for me to send that email to decline the offer at Redlands. I also waited to receive the hard copy of my acceptance letter from LLU before drafting the decline email. The deposit was $200! 

According to the acceptance letter, Fall semester starts on 9/22! So you have plenty of time to plan for visits!

Okay! $200 isn't too bad. Yeah, i'm definitely waiting, just to be positive. Yes, we have awhile so hopefully i'll be able to save enough up for a visit. :) We need to get a facebook page going also. Maybe i'll work on that!