Attending the same school for your PhD that you received your bachelors from -- job prospects post graduation?

Lhasa1951

Well I'm sure this question has been asked before, but... I recently accepted a fully funded offer with a TA position for an economics PhD at the same institution that I received my bachelors degree from. It is a lesser known state school. I got admission to some other schools that I would have rather attended, but those offers were not funded....... I should mention that I believe my undergraduate institution is a better fit for my research interests overall. The only reason I considered going to other schools (similarly ranked) is because I heard that it looks better on your resume.

Did I make the right decision? Will my chances of finding a tenure track position post graduation be severely hurt? I'd be fine with going to any university to teach so long as the position is tenure track, and I can publish.

Would trying to diversify my resume by attending summer workshops, internships, publishing as much as possible, etc. etc. help me later in the job market?

Thanks