Arizona State University PhD Offers

Frankly Philosophical

It's well passed the April 15th deadline and my application is still showing up as under "review".

Apparently they are still working through applications, but does anyone have any insight, info, news, or amusing anecdotes in respect to where the Phil Dept. is at with making offers?

I know using the grad cafe results search that two people were offered an acceptance into the PhD program, with one of them saying they would decline.

Any insight is much appreciated!

- Frankly

If I recall, this is their first year back as a PhD program after being an MA for a while, so if anyone deserves some slack if they are running behind, it's them. That said...the deadline is the deadline and I'd email them to inquire if you haven't. You HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW, based on the universally agreed upon deadline by every major school in the discipline.

I figure a rejection notice is most likely imminent, but I think the department is waiting for the deadline dust to settle before they reconvene next week.

Has anyone on here been admitted to the program? 

I declined an offer from them a while ago.

That's helpful to know. From what I understand they made acceptance offers way back at the beginning of March. 

I got one just over a week ago, FWIW. I turned it down (I honestly didn't think I had completed the application... it still showed a lot of outstanding materials), so good luck!

I got one just over a week ago, FWIW. I turned it down (I honestly didn't think I had completed the application... it still showed a lot of outstanding materials), so good luck!

Well, your materials might be "outstanding", but to invoke the memory of the great dfindley are your "metaphysics awesome"?  ;)

Seriously though, did your acceptance offer come with funding? Word on the street is that they have allotted all their TA spots already.

Congrats on acceptance into UA !

Well, your materials might be "outstanding", but to invoke the memory of the great dfindley are your "metaphysics awesome"?  ;)

Seriously though, did your acceptance offer come with funding? Word on the street is that they have allotted all their TA spots already.

Congrats on acceptance into UA !

Thanks! Yes, it came with a funding offer as well. 

My metaphysics couldn't be awesomer. ;)

Well, based on all the available information, misinformation, known knowns, known unknowns, unknown unknowns, and a guy name Curly who dabbles in the mysterious and all things phantasmagorical I can confidently say that nothing has been illuminated other than this process will require more patience and time.

To all of those who have made it into your school of choice remember to raise a dram of whatever ye enjoy  to all of us still squirming on the pointy hook of academia's indecision. Don't be afraid to grade a paper in green pencil, take a dance class if you need to get out of your head, and always remember to find a bathroom where you can go and have a moment of tranquility and time for yourself!

Thank you all for your input.

- Frankly