Answer to "where did you go to school?"

HKsai

My response (even when they ask where I'm attending now): I'm a congenital Husker fan, so it doesn't matter where I go, my family is very disappointed because it's not Nebraska. They always say we're so proud of her! Even if she didn't get into Nebraska.

I suppose it depends on the context.  If I'm talking to academics or at a conference or professionals in the wild, I'd say Columbia (my graduate school).  If I'm talking to people and it's clear they want to know where I went to undergrad college, I'd say Spelman (my undergraduate college).  When undergrads ask me they almost always want to know where I went to undergrad, so I tell them that.

I'm definitely more attached to my undergrad college, but I wear my grad school sweatshirts more often because I have more of them. I'm planning on getting a license plate frame from my undergrad alma mater, and I don't care, lol, even though I will be working at a third university in a small town in which probably close to no one has heard of it.

I don't think this will make a difference - I went to a D3 undergrad and a D1 grad school and I am not attached to my grad school, not like undergrad anyway.  (I'm starting to become more attached as I finish up, but there's nothing more that I want then to get the hell out of here.)  But yea, you won't be as socially involved in the community as you were as an undergrad, so you won't get as attached.  I'm going to a Big 10 university for my postdoc, though, and I intend to get super crazy about the sports there :D

Me too I'm going to a Big 10 university for my master and I intend to get crazy about sport games even I will be old compared to the undergrads. I need to catch up on all the craziness that I miss by going to a d3 school LOL