Historic Preservation at University of Texas... anyone familiar?

Hey all,

I just graduated with a history BA and am interested in historic preservation. I'm moving to Austin and am heavily considering UT's program. Can anyone tell me what it's like? Which degree to go for? If it's worth the money? I'd really like to stay in the South so I'm interested in attending graduate school in the area. 

The program looks amazing but it's easy to look good on paper. In general, is anyone regretting their decision to go into historic preservation? I've always been fascinated by it but never really considered it a viable career path until now. What do you think?

• 3 months later...

Right now, just HP. I don't want a master's in history. I don't want to teach or be a professor, I just really don't think that's viable for me. I've also just moved to Austin, so if I'm spending the money on a degree it will be HP and it will (hopefully) be at UT. If I don't get in to UT (which is a huge possibility) I will probably wait a bit before applying to any other programs. I'm loving Austin and I'm not sure if I could leave right now.