F1 Visa Finances

My I-20 amount is 44K USD. I maintain a current account with a balance of ~55K. Will these funds be enough for the visa interview or should I have to add more sponsors? Thanks!

By the way another question: I recently sold some valuables and transferred about 30K USD into my account. Will that potentially raise eyebrows? I do have all the sales receipts with me.

I don't know. I don't see why they would make a fuss.

In my experience F1 interviews were much easier than B1/B2 (tourist) interviews. They tended to check whether you met the requirements for F1, ask you what you're going to study, when, where, for how long, look at the I-20 and bank accounts to make sure you have the money, etc., and that's it. Not like B1/B2 where they do want to look at everything to make sure you're not going to stay illegally afterwards.

Alrighty roo! I asked because I was going through the transcripts some students from India had shared of their own visa interviews (from memory) and got the impression that VOs over there really grill them on finances and backlogs (F grades). Thanks for all your help, much appreciated! :)

Edited by ahlatsiawa