Getting started

ddsdevil

Hello all,

I'm so glad that I found this forum. The info here is very helpful.

I'm hoping to get some information from you. I'm about to begin my M.Div. at Duke Div. in August. I have a lot of interests right now and I'm not sure that I can have a focus yet. I'm really interested in liturgics and NT. (very broad i know) Did the rest of you already have a focus before you entered your masters?

Also, I don't have a great undergrad GPA (3.33 from a small Christian college) but I really hope to get into a very good PhD program (Duke, Emory, Vandy, Yale, etc.) Obviously I need to have very good grades at Duke (3.85+). Have any of you found it difficult to get into really good programs because of a subpar undergrad GPA, even with a great Masters GPA from a solid school?

Thanks

I can't prove this, but my own feel for this world is that if you work your ass off at Duke and get out of there with a 3.85+ a subpar undergrad wouldn't even be a blip on the radar at most schools. Of course GRE is huge. If I were you I would try to find a bff on faculty while you're there. Connections go further than anything else. Congrats on getting in!!