How late is too late to apply close to the deadline?

biomed85

I graduated last May with a BS in Biology and a minor in Psych. My GPA is 3.4 and I haven't taken the GRE yet. I'm planning to within the next month. For the past year, I've been working in a diagnostic testing lab. I don't really have research experience. I have been wanting to go to grad school for a master's degree but I can never decide which program I want to focus on. My interests are too broad within the Bio field. I was planning to apply this spring but due to some family health issues, I was delayed. Now I feel like it's too late to apply for the fall 09. Some programs I've looked at (MS in Biomedical Sciences/Biochem at NY Med College, UMDNJ, Tufts, Gtown) have late application deadlines - June or July - for the fall semester. My question is is it too late for me to apply now? Should I wait another year or apply for the spring semester (although very few programs to choose from)? I understand the whole application process is extensive and I feel like I'd be too rushed. But I also don't want to waste another year being out of school. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I was going to write a reply based on the lack of funding at this point, but theen I saw that you haven't taken the GRE yet. It's May. Your score turnaround is a month anyway, so I would say that June would be pushing it and July is probably scraping by.

At that point, my first point becomes valid. Funding is nonexistent at this stage and graduate school is not cheap. While it may be theoretically possible for you to get in (I have on post-4/15 deadlines) funding will be hard to get.

If I were you, I would wait so you wouldn't rush taking the GRE or the whole application process (materials, SoP, LoRs).