Question about applying to the same school again

brandon24z

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone has experience or information on this?

If you rejected a school's offer of acceptance and went to another school; while getting a Masters at this other school, I want to go back to the school I rejected instead. 

Would the original school even consider accept me again for Ph.D? I was getting full funding from both schools. 

Thanks!

It could happen. First get in touch with the first school to let them know that you want to apply to their PhD program again. Some schools actually hold your admission offer for 1 or 2 years (but usually you will be re-evaluated for funding with the latest crop of applicants). Others will require you to do a complete new application. You should definitely talk to the school you're interested in first and see what they tell you to do.

I don't see why not, especially if you are finishing your MA in good standing and will get good LORs from your current professors. You'll want to be careful about addressing fit and make it clear that you are very interested in getting an offer. A good way to do that would be to contact the school directly, as TakeruK suggests. You may need to go through the application process again, but it'd still be a good idea to give them a heads up about your application and express your interest in attending the school this application cycle. If they liked you last time, there is a good chance that they would still be interested, but given that you declined once they might want some kind of assurance that you won't do it again because it'd be a waste of their time and resources otherwise.