Western Michigan University MSW

Do not apply if you can possibly attend another program. I transferred there this past year due to my husband's job. I started out in California, but transferred to their interpersonal practice program. Professors are mostly low quality and berate students. They disclose personal information all the time "Johnny is not in class due to a really personal medical problem." Internships are worse many people are glorified babysitters at group homes. If you want medical social work about four internships exist for 120 students. This department discriminates based on cultural diversity and physical appearance. It ruined the last year of my life and if you plan to stay in Kalamazoo there are zero job prospects. The student service advisor does not return emails so good luck getting guidance. Please go someplace else. My first year in California was challenging, but fine in comparison to WMU. Please contact me if you want to know more. Good luck! I don't want to be a downer, but no one should go through this experience.